Growing Care Tips
Small flowers clustered into a rounded form, Ixora plant-like acidic soil when you transplant the plant in a container make sure must be acidic with a good drainage system. whenever you feel your plant leaves are turning yellowish it means your soil state change, then you have to think about your soil condition, use a fertilizer which contains an acidic substance that helps your soil make acidic.
It’s a low maintenance plant no-need to worry about its care. Ixora having many varieties, Most of the varieties flower very freely in summer and rains.
Ixora is a tropical plant, is a sun-loving plant. Place this plant where it can receive full sunlight at least 4 to 6 hours, sunlight helps them to grow and flowering.
Ixora doesn’t like cold, in winter season you have to care for it, save it from frost. In this situation place it on the warm side and use mulching.
Ixora is a shrub family plant, it requires pruning time to time so it can produce flowers.
Ixora Growing Conditions
- Light: Ixora plants like a bright light at least 4 to 5 hours, but keep it away from direct sunlight in summer.
- Water: Keep the soil moist, but reduce watering in the winter. Supply an environment with very high humidity.
- Temperature: Ixora blossoms in summer and rainy season when the temperature lies in 24 to 32 celsius.
- Soil: Ixora is acid-loving and thrives in well-drained soil. Avoid planting in a cement pot. It loves the PH level between 5.0 to 5.5.
- Fertilizer: Try to use organic fertilizer twice in a month for adequate growth and flowering
- Pests: Save your plant from pests, use fungicide twice a month.
- Ixora finlaysoniana
- Ixora pavetta
- Ixora macrothyrsa
- Ixora javanica
- Ixora chinensis