Skip to content
Gardenia common name
- Jasmine Rose
- Everblooming Gardenia
- Rubiaceae or Ixora
- Pentas family
Gardenia requires Light
- Full Sun growing
Gardenia Flower color
- Gardenia, ananta plant in white
- Gardenia, ananta plant in cream
- Gardenia, ananta plant in off white
- Gardenia, ananta plant in light yellow
- Though the leaves and flowers of this gardenia, ananta plant are relatively small it can reach a height of over two meters.
- They are also as fragrant as the large-flowered variety.
- The gardenia is a native of China.
- Flowers have a strong and sweet fragrance.
- Given the right conditions, plants can grow to over two meters tall.
- Gardenias are widely grown in gardens all over the world.
- Foliage is shining, dense and a deep shade of green.
- Leaves are 4 to 6 cm long.
- White flowers are borne in profusion in spring and summer. At other times the plant throws up the occasional flower.
- They are brilliant white when they open and turn cream to light yellow by evening.
- Flowers were once an integral part of courage. They were a must during marriage ceremonies in the west.
- As with the other gardenias, this too is one of the finest flowering shrubs in tropical and subtropical gardens.
- It is a sight to see and smell this shrub in bloom in mild climates.
- Can be grown in pots as well as the ground. Its smaller size makes it very suitable for pot cultivation.
- Plants grow best in acidic soils – alkaline soils should be avoided as plant leaves turn yellow due to lack of available;e iron.
- A useful shrub in tropical gardens as it can be grown singly, as a group, or even as a hedge.
- Plants like plenty of water, organic fertilizers, and sunshine.
- A regular spray of water on very dry days for potted plants will help.
- Plants can be trimmed back if they get too big. They can stay in the same pots for many many years.